EB 20 @ FM 740
E7/MPD en route
Forney E1/R1 also en route
Reported truck on fire
SB 635 @ LaPrada
MPD/E2/A6 en route
MPD on scene
Lanes 2/3 are blocked
E2 on scene
A6 on scene
Wrecker requested for 2 cars
Safety Tip Tuesday
Presented by Personal Safety Source
National Bike Month – Safety Tips
May is National Bike Month. The weather is warming up making it perfect for riding bikes. Whether you bike to work or school; ride to save money or time; pump those pedals to preserve your health or the environment; or simply to explore your community. A few simple safety tips will help to ensure your ride will be pleasurable!
- Give your bike a check before riding. Take a look at the tires, air pressure, brakes and wheels. If you have quick release wheels make sure they are secure.
- Wear a Helmet. Protecting your head is the safest investment you can make. Get a helmet that is comfortable and fits correctly.
- Ride with the Flow: Allows ride with the flow of traffic and not against it.
- Be Visible: Take precautions to not only make your bike visible – but make yourself visible. Use lights and reflectors on your bike. Wear light colored clothing or clothes and accessories with retro-reflective material.
- Eliminate Distractions: Don’t talk on the phone or listen to music while riding your bike.
- Be Aware: Be aware of not only your surroundings but what others around you are doing. Look others in the eye so you know they see you.
- Obey all Traffic Laws and Lights: Following the rules of the road and lights makes you more predictable to those in cars around you.
These tips can help you prepare your bike and yourself for a nice ride!
Hwy 80 @ West of East Fork
SFR/DSO on scene of a Small Grass fire
EB I-30 East of Northwest
Reports of a two vehicle accident.
MPD/Station 3/C5/EMS2/T2 en route
Mattress Firm (Town East)
MPD unit advised they were involved in a Major Accident
MPD/Station 2 en route